What are the side effects of prolonged use of vicadin/acetaminophen?

Question
Side effects prolonged use of vicadin/acetaminophen is memory loss and agitation side effects of this medication.
Posted Mon, 4 Nov 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Acute..Yes, chronic NO..see details below

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about your back pain. Hope these pain medications really get your symptoms controlled so that you can lead a pain free life.

These drugs (hydrcodone/acetaminophen) can cause agitation shortly after consumption which lasts for a few hours and disappears there after. However, it has not been described to cause long term agitation.

These medications have not been known to cause a memory loss.

If you have symptoms of memory loss and agitation, consulting to look for other possible causes would be a great decision as these medications are not strongly linked to such side effects.

I hope this addresses your query fully. Please, feel free to ask for further information and clarification if need be. I wish you well and thank you so much for using our services.
Dr. Ditah, MD