What are the side effects of plyera?

what side effects do I need to have to stop taking plyera
Posted Sun, 24 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Hari Om Chandrakar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Allergy, diarrhoea,seizures,fever,flu,bleeding etc Detailed Answer: Hello, as per your query, you want to know the side effects for this drug, which if seen you will stop the drug. For your kind information, the drug PYLERA capsules is combination antimicrobial product containing bismuth subcitrate potassium, metronidazole, and tetracycline hydrochloride and is administered orally. The side effects of the drug is a collection of individual side effects of each of its components. Bismuth subcitrate potassium side effects are: 1. Darkening of tongue/stools 2. Nausea vomiting 3. Bone and joint toxicity 4. possiblity of bismuth poisioning and encephalopathy if taken in renal insufficient pts and seizures Metronidazole side effects are: 1. Metallic taste and stomach upset 2. vomiting and diarrhea 3. blood clotting problems Tetracycline side effects are: 1. Burning throat 2. Tooth discoloration 3. Clotting disturbances 4. Bone marrow depression If any of these complains are seen, you are advised to first stop the drug, and you are advised to report to your prescribing doctor to have your medicines changed. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Dr Hari Om Chandrakar MBBS
Follow-up: What are the side effects of plyera? 1 hour later
it says that you have to take pylera whit every meal and at bedtime. so do I have to have a 6hour space between meals or can I take it ever 4 or 3 hour
Answered by Dr. Hari Om Chandrakar 36 minutes later
Brief Answer: standard schedule is 4 times a day. Detailed Answer: As per my experience, the standard schedule of the dose in most of cases should be taken 4 times a day, (after 3 meals i.e. breakfast lunch and dinner and at bedtime) for 10 days, but it depends on your treating doctor what doses and what intervals you are prescribed. Yes, a 6hr gap between doses is then required to prevent over dosage(if your doctor has prescribed 4 times a day), you CAN'T take it within 3 to 4 hours, but at night you may take early dinner and take another dose in 4-5 hours !! Wishing you good health. Dr Hari Om Chandrakar MBBS