What are the side effects of lucozade intake?
User rating for this question
my 18 yr old son drinks 2-3 large bottles of lucozade a day......what are the long term effects of this? He is 5ft 9inches tall and only weighs 7 and a half stone.
Posted Thu, 20 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 42 minutes later
Brief Answer: Contains caffeine and sugar Detailed Answer: Hi There are many types of Lucozade. I prefer he chooses 'Energy' version since your son is underweight. This contains good amount of sugar up to 35 gm and this increase the weight. However he should start exercises to convert this energy to muscle mass otherwise it is going to be unhealthy. Caffeine intoxication is rarely seen if they take too many lucozade. Otherwise dehydration is seen. Anxiety, headache, lightheadedness are commonly complained. Many other clinicians do not recommend such energy drinks as it is unhealthy weight gain. Hope this helps.
People also viewed
- Side effects of omnacortil 40 mg - 2
- What are the side effects of lucozade intake
- Side effect of lucozade on liver
- Side effects of nano leo capsules
- Side effects of kinpride
- Side effects of antiviral medication
- Side effects of lucozade
- Sharp pulsating pain in chest
- Poking chest pain pregnancy
- Lucozade extra side effect
- Pass out puberty chest pains
- Lucozade addiction side effects
- Side effects of ursocol
- Chest and shoulder pain postpartum
- Chest pain post pregnancy