What are the side effects of long term usage of diuretic?
User rating for this question
I just got out of the hospital jan17to stay for five days 22 then released my doctor and I parted ways. I just got out of the hosp for 5 days jan18/22 this is my 3rd hospitilzation for this, a neuerologist explained tto mei it was the diuretic in my atenolol that caued it on the 3 day I got confused and disoriented,the nurse blamed it on acute alcohol w/d no way I hadn't eaten in 2 weeks prior to hosp.my doctor and I parted ways.i have a new one know the urologist said the confusion was caused by the low sodium I go back in a month, my question is why am I still shakking disoriented weak loosing m balance my na was normall 3 days ago now ive developed sob inhalers don't help sob worsens with exzertion, I work in a prision
Posted Sun, 9 Mar 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Chronic hyponatremia.Please reply for my questions Detailed Answer: Hello, I have gone through your query and understand your concern. Yes. As your doctor said you may suffered from Chronic Hyponatremia by long term use of Anti hypertensive medications with diuretics. I would like to have few answers. Have you stopped the diuretic medicine and took alternate anti hypertension medicine? What is your previous sodium level and now? Have you checked your blood pressure and pulse? Do you have any asthma or cardiac disease apart from Hypertension? Do you have any leg swelling or chest pain? Waiting for your response.
People also viewed
- What happens if you take too much epilim
- Broad-based disc bulge treatment
- Broken vertebrae no paralysis
- Broken wrist nerve damage
- Can a spinal fusion break
- Levothyroxine seizure epilim
- Can you take epilim and paracetamol?
- What is the long term side effects of petogen
- Side effect of long term usage of olmezest
- Hcqs long term usage side effects
- Broken c4 and c5 vertebrae
- What is long term side effects using ciplactin
- Grinding sensation episiotomy
- Hypertrophic episiotomy
- What are the long term side effects of siphene