What are the side effects of long term Acelofenac intake?

What are the side effects of long term use of Acelofenac
Posted Wed, 19 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Prasad 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: Renal disease and gastritis... Detailed Answer: Hi, Acelofenac is a commonly used NSAID pain killer. However long term use is associated with gastritis / ulcer / GERD and renal disease in some people (not every one). You need to watch out for abdominal pain, vomiting, swollen limbs and reduced urine out while on this medicine. I urge my patients to consider other pain reducing measures rather than being on long term pain killers. Hope this answers your question. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards
Follow-up: What are the side effects of long term Acelofenac intake? 19 minutes later
What other pain reducing measures can be taken,please
Answered by Dr. Prasad 29 minutes later
Brief Answer: Could you list the current treatment? Detailed Answer: Hi, I assume you have knee pain following osteoarthritis. If not which part are you affected with? I would be able to update pain reducing measures if you can list current treatment / previous treatment that you are on. Awaiting your reply... Regards