What are the side effects of ipill ?

Question
I am 26 year old. I had foreplay with my bf (not intercourse) on 2nd April (my last periods started on 27th march). As i was scared (he didnt ejaculated on me but i am scared if one or two droplets would have fallen on my private part) so I had an I pill after 25 hrs. On 11 th april some brown discharge started mixed with some blood clots with no pain. I am confused what it is? Can you please answer me this question? I am scared that weather i am pregnant?
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Birth Control

Answered by Dr. Mitaly 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for your query

Pregnancy occurs when sperms travel through vagina and unite with ova leading to fertilization.First of all, as explained by you there was no penetration and he did not ejaculate on you so spems cannot travel by themselves and require a medium like vaginal fluid to swim.After coming in contact with the air sperms dry within few minutes.So chances of pregnancy are ruled out.
You had taken Emergency contraceptive pill(i pill)which causes imbalance in the hormonal levels and causes breakthrough bleeding and spotting.It seems that you are experiencing brownish discharge because of the pill intake.It would subside in few days.
If the bleeding becomes very heavy and severe kindly see a Gynaecologist for evaluation.

Hope I have answered your query.I will be available to answer your follow up query.

Follow-up: What are the side effects of ipill ? 3 hours later
I am relieved.Thanks for your response. When i can expect my next period? The flow has stooped now and my periods date is 27th april. Will it be delayed? Do i need to take any care? Do i need to take any tests?

Answered by Dr. Mitaly 2 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX

It is good that the flow has stopped now.You can have your periods at your expected date or may be delayed by a week as the body will now try to get back to normal hormonal levels.Avoid having unprotected intercourse as it prevents pregnancy and also protectes you from various seually transmitted diseases.
Right now there is no need to get any test done.
If you experience any unusual symptom kindly see a Gynaecologist for evaluation.

Wishing you Good Health.