What are the side effects of injecting Vitamin E in the face ?

Hi - I did something very stupid - I injected vitamin e into my face with a needle. I have large bumps at each injection site. What can i do - i have made an appt with a dermatologist but they cannot see me for 2 weeks. anything I can do in the meantime to help? thanks
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 42 minutes later

Vitamin E is a vitamin that dissolves in fat and when you have injected this vitamin in the face using a needle, it has resulted in localized oil deposits in the skin of the face due to oil based injections being given in less muscle mass and with a thin gauge needle.

Since vitamin E is oil soluble, it will take its own time to become soluble in the dermis and underlying structures. However you can apply warm compresses on the area and take some over the counter anti-inflammatory pain killer after consulting your doctor.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.