What are the side effects of clindamycin?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
If someone was taking an antibiotic such as clyndomycin (Cleocin)...Is that particular antibiotic common for causing neuropothy issues if on it for an extended period of time ??
Posted Wed, 24 Oct 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 4 hours later

Thanks for writing in.

No, neuropathy is not a common side effect of this antibiotic (clindamycin), if taken for long time.

Common side effects of clindamycin are -

*GI effects (diarrhoea, severe antibiotic related pseudo membranous colitis, abdominal pain, metallic taste)
*severe dermatological effects (erythema multiforme, exfoliative & vesiculobullous dermatitis).

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have any more concerns.