What are the side effects of bronchitis infection ?

I am feeling energy less for last 10 days, 55 yrs of age, height-169 cms, weight-78 kgs, taken treatment of bronhitis 15 days back, lost all zeal to work hard-help me to revive soon, taking Revital+Cord lever capsule, calcium+vitamin E(400 mg) capsule daily-for left leg muscle cramp
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 27 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query.

Your question is a very good one and I will try to provide you with adequate information and recommendations regarding the symptoms which you have been experiencing.

It is very likely that your body is now in a recovery phase after fighting the bronchitis infection which you have referred to. Sometimes it can take several weeks or even over one month for the body to completely regain total strength.

An infection is not just purely the body getting rid of some type of bacteria. After the bacteria or virus is cleared there still remains anti-inflammatory component which the body generates in the process of fighting the infection. This inflammation can generate several symptoms including generalized fatigue and drowsiness.

You are doing the right thing by supplementing your self with adequate vitamins. In addition it is extremely important that you maintain adequate physical activity on a daily basis. Try to push yourself to do regular fitness exercises each and every day. This will also help your body slowly recover from the illness.

Also we cannot discount the very likely associated mental fatigue that goes along with having an illness such as you recently suffered. The mind body connection is very powerful and positive thinking on your part will certainly help your recovery process.

I do not see any indication for you to see your doctor just yet. I would say that within 3 to 4 weeks you should feel back to normal. If that is not the case then you might make an appointment with your primary care provider to attend a general physical examination and perhaps some blood tests.

I thank you again for submitting your question. I hope you have found my response to be both helpful and informative. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them.

Dr. Galamaga
Follow-up: What are the side effects of bronchitis infection ? 2 hours later
If I will not recover by 3-4 weeks, then I will write again-Thanks
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 16 hours later
Thanks again for your query.

I wish you all the best and continued hood health.

Dr. Galamaga