What are the side effects of abdominoplasty?

General Surgeon
I have umblicord hernia for which I am doing repair on Monday. Also I wanted to do abdominoplasty. Wanted to know if any side effects in abdominoplasty.
Posted Fri, 17 May 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 18 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

I assume that by abdominoplasty you mean removing a flabby tissues from your abdomen which is skin and fat. This surgery like every surgery gives a risk of bleeding during it, wound infection, there are large bruises visible for few weeks after the surgery. Every incision causes some skin branches of nerves destruction. So you will have the operated part numb and the feeling will not be present even for a year. Scar is always present after such surgery, however usually can be hidden under the underwear.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.