What are the side effects of Vyvanse?
User rating for this question
Your site states that Vyvanse may cause immune reactions. Are these autoimmune reactions in addition to anaphylactic reactions? If so, what are the symptoms? Thanks, XXXX
Posted Sat, 22 Feb 2014 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Kapoor 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Yes, it can cause both Detailed Answer: Hi Any drug including Vyvanse can cause anaphylatic reaction. Besides anaphlaxis there is a study which mention the autoimmune hepatitis cause by Vyvanse, though chances are 1 in 4000. Yet another study mention the rabdomyolysis caused by Vyvanse. Therefore I do not exclude possibility of autoimmune conditions from vyvanase therapy. Symptoms in autoimmune disorder depends upon the organ involvement. In case of autoimmune hepatitis, patient can have jaundice, fever, weight loss, abdominal pain etc and in rabdomyolysis patient can have generalized boy ache, high serum potassium level, abnormal heart beat etc. That being said, all your past medical conditions including osteoporosis, thyroid and gonadal issues, ADD as well as hematological disturbance may or may not be from an autoimmune condition. Your doctor through comprehensive test will be able to rule them out. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards Dr. Abhishek Kapoor
People also viewed
- Is irregular heartbeat a side effect of losartan?
- My doctor wont give me a referral what do i do
- Is indigestion a side effect of loestrin fe 1/20?
- Is stomach pain a side effect of lo minastrin fe?
- What are the side effects of vyvanse?
- Mosquitos attracted to smokers
- Is darkening of the skin a side effect of floxin?
- My alcoholic ex boyfriend blames me for drinking too much
- Is gastroparesis a side effect of vyvanse
- What are the side effects of vyvanse 70mg
- Mini stroke or panic attack symptoms
- Side effects of vyvanse ulcer
- Nexito plus used to cure
- What are the side effects of taking vyvanse capsule
- Is light-colored stools a side effect of lamisil?