What are the side effects of Mobizox for lower back spasm?

Hi Doctor, Today morning while taking bath I suffered a severe lower back spasm, I am still in severe pain. A pharmacist friend of mine advised me to take Mobizox thrice a day after meals. Since it is a banned drug in some parts of the world, what are its side effects & how much dosage and for how many days should I take this medicines to get immediate relief relief from the lower back pain/spasm. I am a 41 years old male also regularly taking high blood pressure & sleep disorder medicines like Rivotril 0.25 mg. Please advice me about my medication for the current lower back spasm also the various side effects of taking Mobizox.
Posted Fri, 7 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Mobizox not recommended. NSAIDS and Hot Compressio Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to XXXXXXX I have gone through your query and understand your concern. The brand named Mobizox Tab contains diclofenac sodium 50mg, acetaminophen (paracetamol) 500mg and chlorzoxazone 500mg and is manufactured by Ranbaxy which is a reputed Multinational company. Chlorzoxazone is centrally acting Muscle relaxant most prescribed for musculoskeletal pain. As this combination contains paracetamol and chlorzoxazone which are both Hepatotoxic (causes liver damage), there is always an added risk of liver problems. So this combination is not recommended. Further there are plenty of side effects for the use of these combination. Nausea, Stomach Upset, Headache, Rash, Drowsiness, dizziness, light headedness, Jaundice, liver damage. Even it can cause Acute renal tubular necrosis. Very rare, blood dyscrasias. Allergic reaction may be fatal. Thus it is not at all advisable to use the banned drug. Coming to your Back pain, Most pain of the back pain are caused by sprains, minor strains. Most cases of back pain are not caused by serious damage or disease.It can be further triggered by everyday activities at home or at work, or it can develop gradually over time as a result of prolonged sitting or standing or lifting badly or twisting or over-stretching etc. Most cases of Acute back pain can be treated with over-the-counter painkillers and home treatments. 1. NSAIDS non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen is enough for pain. 2. If still the pain persists, Muscle relaxant like diazepam will be helpful. 3. Hot compression on back for 20 minutes ever 4 hour till you have this pain. 4. Back rest on flat surface without pillow for 2 weeks. 5. Try relaxation techniques like yoga and meditation. 6. Exercise regularly to strengthen your muscles. Hope this helps. Please write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.