What are the side effects of Methotrexate and also what diet to take?

Rheumatologist
Question
What are the side effects of Methotrexate and also what foods should not be taken at the same time?
Posted Wed, 9 Oct 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Listed below.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into the question you have asked , I would like to tell you one thing that I have been using methotrexate regularly and in my personal experience it appears to be a relatively safe drug leave apart the GIT side effects like nausea , vomiting etc.

There can be many side effects but frequently found is anemia , nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, stomatitis , acute hepatitis, chronic fibrosis , cirrhosis and recurrent infections etc.

Methotrexate remains the sheet anchor for rheumatoid arthritis . You are given folic acid along with medicine to counteract the toxicity of drug .

Dr. Shruti