What are the side effects of Lycogold XT and Ovacare Forte?

May 2013
Hello Doctor Me and my wife are planning for a kid and it is getting delayed. We got married last year. Recently we consulted a gynecologist and our family physician. She provided some blood tests and hormone tests. It was in normal limits. Now she has prescribed me Lycogold XT one dosage per day and Ovacare Forte(A+B) for my wife. I would like to know the side effects of the above medicine. Also am under medication already for neuro problem for the past 6-7 years. Taking Epilex chrono 500mg twice a day and Epilext chrono 300 in noon and Rivotril 2mg at night. I would like to know if there will be any side effects to these medicines. I had my last epileptic attack 1.5 years ago.
Posted Sun, 5 Jan 2014 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: n acetylcysteine Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. Lycogoldxt contains multi vitamins and minerals, this helps in improving the general health and immunity. Ovacare forte contains n acetylcysteine and essential micro nutrients. This will help in regularization of menstrual cycles and in ovulation. For more details : WWW.WWWW.WW There may not be any major side effects because of these drugs. Epiplexchrono rarely can affect testosterone levels and can lead to male infertility according to animal studies. If your seminal parameters are normal, no need to worry. Apart from causing general side effects rivotril may not affect fertility directly. Let your wife track the ovulation in the next cycle and plan intercourse around that period. This will increase the possibility of pregnancy. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.
Follow-up: What are the side effects of Lycogold XT and Ovacare Forte? 46 hours later
What are the normal limits for Seman Count, motility for male. For female what are the normal limits for Thyroid,insulin hormone level for pregnancy. Am not sure about the test that was taken and I dont have it in my hand. The blood test for my wife was taken on the second day of her periods (fasting). Earlier blood sugar levels were taken which gave normal results.
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 3 hours later
Brief Answer: 20 millions / ml Detailed Answer: Hi, Sperm count above 20 millions/ml can be taken as normal. Overall motility above 50% can be considered as normal. Upper limit of fasting serum insulin level is 60 pmol/lit. Normal TSH value ranges between 0.4 to 4mlu/l Usually hormonal profile including estrogen, progesterone, LH and FSH will be done on second day of periods. Thyroid profile, fasting blood sugar and insulin tests should be done before taking breakfast. Take care.
Follow-up: What are the side effects of Lycogold XT and Ovacare Forte? 3 days later
Details of the report (myself and my wife )are provided for your perusal. Kindly provide your comments. XXXX Semen Analysis Macroscopic Examination ------------------------ Volume : 2.5 ml Viscosity : Thick Reaction : Alkaline Liquifaction Time : 30 Minutes Microscopic Examination ------------------------ Total Sperm Count : 55.0 millions/ml INITIAL MOTILITY ---------------- Actively Motile : 35 % Sluggishly Motile : 20% Non - Motile : 45% Motility Factor after 1 hour ---------------------------- Actively motile : 30% Sluggishly motile : 20% Non-motile : 50% Morphology of Sperm -------------------- 20% of sperm have small head with long tail.10% have big head with long tail.1% have double head with short tail. 5% have round head with long tail. Others are normal in size and shape. Pus Cells : 2-4 cells /hpf Testicular Cells : 1-3 Cells/hpf Fractose Test : Positive Wife's report taken on second day of period. Test Result Blood Endocrinology LH(CMIA Method) 6.02 mIU/ml FSH (CMIA) 5.66 mIU/ml Prolactin(CMIA) 15.2 ng/mL Free Testosterone 0.91 pg/ml DHEA Sulphate (CMIA) 201 ug/dL Insulin Fasting (CMIA) 10.6 uIU/ml Free T3 CMIA 3.05pg/mL Free T4 CMIA 1.29 ng/dL TSH 1.32 mIU/ml Haemoglobin % 13.8 gm/dl (95%) PCV % 47 %
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: Reports are almost normal Detailed Answer: Hi, According to the details provided by you, both your and your wife's reports are all most normal. You can continue with your doctor's prescribed treatment. Take care