What are the side effects of Asprin?

Asprin low dose (325mg/day) side affects. I've heard that long term use of Asprin can cause hardening of the arteries. Is this true?
Posted Wed, 19 Feb 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: Aspirin on long term use donot harden arteries Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX I think by the term hardening of arteries you mean arteriosclerosis. Arteriosclerosis happens due to deposition of cholesterol on the walls of the arteries. There are no reports that Aspirin on long term use hardens arteries. It is in fact the contrary. It is advised to be taken in arteriosclerosis to prevent the formation of plaques as it is considered an anti-platelet agent. Long term use may increase the chances of capillary leak resulting in bleeding tendencies. Hope I am clear. Dr Suresh