What are the side effects of Alli?

Emergency Medicine Specialist
Yes thank you. What kind of side effects could Alli have on someone that's taking them and well below 18? Someone 11 or younger?
Posted Fri, 7 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Fatty stools are common side effects. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing your query. Alii contains Orlistat which is used for fat reduction. Main side effects of Orlistat are oily loose motions along with lots of flatus. Incontinence for stools is also common. I hope this answers your query. If you have any further query, I will be happy to help. Thanks.
Follow-up: What are the side effects of Alli? 7 minutes later
So Alli is not harmful to children?
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: Should be avoided in children. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing your query. I would like to advise that it should be avoided in children as efficacy and safety of orlistat is not established, especially in children younger than 12 years of age. Thanks.