What are the safe methods of terminating an unexpected pregnancy ?

My period was due on 17.07.2011 and i have sex with my husbend on10th of July, unfortunatly condom was broken, and i have not taken any pill.

now is 23rd and i have no period.

At this time we don't want a baby because we have already 3 month baby.

Please help us and advise to stop this pregnency by an easy way.

Is there any tablet avilable in Agra market ?

Thanks for your quick reply
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 7 hours later

You need to get a home pregnancy test done to confirm pregnancy. If the test results positive then you need to consult a Gynecologist for medical termination through medicines. The tablets should be taken only under doctor's guidance as they might cause excessive bleeding. These are hormonal pills and you might observe spotting.

The chances of ectopic pregnancy should always be kept in mind though the chances are very less but it is better to go for an ultrasound to confirm intrauterine gestation.

Hope this answers your query. In case of any doubts, I am available for the follow ups.

Wishing you good health

Follow-up: What are the safe methods of terminating an unexpected pregnancy ? 17 hours later
Dear Madam,

Thanks for your reply & advice.

Could you please also confirm about abortion at this beginning stage ? and Also please confirm this needs to be an major surgery or Miner one.

Thanks for your detailed advice on the above

Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 12 minutes later

Abortion or medical termination of pregnancy should not be done very early, before 15 days of missing the period as chances of incomplete abortion are there.

Abortion at an early stage like yours is possible without surgical intervention with the help of drugs.

It is better to take drugs under doctor's guidance and repeat ultrasound and pregnancy test after 10-15 days of the expulsion of the conceptus.

Regarding surgical procedure:

No it is not a major operation.
It is done vaginally by suction and evacuation method.

Get your check ultrasound done immediately after the procedure so as to see whether there are any pieces or clots left inside the uterus.

I would suggest you to go for Intrauterine device like cuT or Multiload as you are having 3 months old baby.

Thanks and regards.