What are the risks of having unprotected intercourse?

Psychiatrist
Question
i had a sexual relation with a married girl who is already in a sex.relation with her husband is there any problem in that case? i didn't take any safety precautions(condom). and im going to be married to another girl is there any effect to my new relation in this case?
Posted Fri, 2 Nov 2012 in Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 16 minutes later
Hi and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your question...

Having unprotected sexual intercouse with someone else always carries the risk of pregnancy as well as the risk of contracting sexually transmitted diseases (STDs). STDs can be either local infections of the genitals like gonorrhoea, herpes, etc. or systemic infections like HIV, Hepatitis B, etc.

In case you have contracted any infections, then having sexual relations with another partner carries the risk of transmitting the infection to that person also. So, it would be best to get yourself tested / screened for any possible infections to clarify your doubt.

Wish you all the best.

- Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist

Follow-up: What are the risks of having unprotected intercourse? 16 minutes later
i want to explain u in brief. she was good in sexual relation with her husband after that she left him and she was with me for a couple of years and again she left back to her husband again. Now he wants to sex with her again. the thing is like this
1 =husband
2 = lady
3 = me.
first she was in sex with 1
then she left him and now she was in sex with 3
again she went back to 1
so she had sex with 1 and 3.
if she have sex again with 1 is there any problem?
And if any 4 comes in 3's life is there any problm?

Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 2 hours later
Hi again and thanks for writing in.

I do get the picture about your situation. I'm not sure what specific problem you are worried about or asking. Like I mentioned earlier, from a medical perspective, if any one sexual partner has a sexually transmitted infection, it could be passed on when they have sexual contact with the other person.

The other probable problem could be the social consequences... i.e. if your wife found out about your pre-marital relationship or if the lady with whom you had the sexual relationship interferes in your future married life. This is something which you have to decide clearly and sort out.

Wish you all the best.

- Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist

Follow-up: What are the risks of having unprotected intercourse? 1 hour later
thanks a lot XXXXXXX for the information.

According to your information i came to know that if the person is already attacked with any disease then it will get attacked otherwise there is no issue right?

Leave about social consequences, I want to know whether this girl can continue her sexual relation with her husband normally or not.Again if she goes back to him,
it won't occur any problem na?

what my doubt was, she had sex with her husband before 5yrs after that i married her and we had sex.relation and now again she want to go to her husband
(due to legal reasons) so wouldn't this be a problem if she want to have sex with him in future?

And even if i marry any other girl it should not be a problem for both of us. Please give me a clear explanation it's my life n death issue. please help me out doctor. if u need clear picture i can explain you.

Hi again and thanks for writing in.

There is no obvious medical reason as to why she cannot have a normal sexual relations without her husband or why you cannot have normal sexual relations with any other girl. So, there should be no problem in her or your future sexual functioning.

Wish you all the best.

- Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist