What are the risks in plastic surgery?

Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon
My relative is planning to go for a Plastic Surgery with Dr. Gurucharan XXXXXXX Health Cottage Hospital, Ulsoor, Bangalore

Please refer below link for additional details :

Please let me know if we can go for surgery with this doctor and if he is good in plastic surgeries. Since plastic surgery is bit complicated and a small mistake might have adverse affect on the person, So i want to take second opinion. Your Help is really appreciated.

Posted Mon, 12 Nov 2012 in Beauty
Answered by Dr. Surindher 2 hours later

Thank you for your query.

This forum is for asking questions regarding health problems. You have not mentioned what the problems is for which your relative is undergoing surgery.

But that said, Dr.Gurucharan XXXXXXX is a XXXXXXX plastic surgeon and I know him personally and we have operated together too. He is good in his reconstructive work.

But every surgery is tricky and has its own problems and limitations which Im sure he must have explained to your relative.

So you can go ahead with it if you are convinced with what has been explained to you by him.

Wishing you relative a good surgery and quick recovery.

Thank you

Follow-up: What are the risks in plastic surgery? 36 hours later
Hi Dr.Surindher,

Thanks a lot for the reply. I have asked my relative to describe about the health problem as requested by you... Please see below reply in quotes from her and advise.

"I will be undergoing a surgery from Dr.Gurucharan XXXXXXX for my Lymphangioma.
Two series of successive surgeries has been done at NIMS,Hyderabad in order to reduce the swelling on my left cheek and the infected Lymph gland has been removed 4years ago.
Little leasions over the surface are still persisting for which I'm taking CO2 laser sittings.

But i still have asymmetry in my face and little swelling still persists. For which i have consulted Dr.Gurucharan XXXXXXX

He advised that this can be cured to maximum extent with a surgery by removing excess loose skin.

Hence we want to know whether we can proceed with the surgery or not??"

Thanks in advance for your help.

Answered by Dr. Surindher 32 minutes later

Thank you for the details.

Lymphangiomas are difficult problems to treat. Your relative has already undergone debulking twice and there are residual problems.

Surgery will not cure it but will control it and you may require further sittings if there is an increase which happens in the future. Hence yes it can be controlled by surgery highly unlikely it would result in a cure.

I have not examined the patient so I wouldn't be able to comment on what exactly needs to be done , but if Dr.Gurucharan XXXXXXX has advised debulking then you can go ahead and get it done.

Wishing your relative a speedy recovery