What are the risks and complications with mammoplasty surgery?

General Surgeon
Hi as i discussed earlier issues with my large breast, am 27yrs old Unmaaried girl, can i go head with Mammoplasto surgery .would like toknow do we have any complication in it plz explain if am undegoing surgery what all compliction is involved after surgery a)Will i be able to breast feed to my baby after marraige b)The scar andmarking would be permanent c)can i have sex , do we have any issues after me getting married will i have any issues in Sex, will my partner have any issues with my breast while having sex YYYY@YYYY
Posted Sun, 4 Nov 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 1 hour later

Thank you for the query.

You need to know that breast surgery is quite serious one. So it brings all possible complications just as regular surgery. And as the surgery itself is quite safe, the anesthesia is the most danger in this procedure.
Before the surgery you will be sedated, and your muscles will be switched off so you will be unable to breath by yourself. So there is a need of intubation so the machine can breath instead of you. During such procedure there is always a risk of brain ischeamia and in some cases can result with partial brain damage, coma or very rarely death. Intubation also can lead to lungs inflammation due to stomach contents aspiration.
Surgery itself is quite safe but it can have also some complications including: bleeding,local infection and whole body infection (sepsis), allergy.
Regarding to your question:
a. You may be not able to breast feeding as during the surgery, glands are being damaged.
b.Scar is always permanent. Usually it is invisible but in some cases there can be pathologic scar proliferation so it can look really bad.
c.yes you can have sex, no issues in sex for you and your partner

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Follow-up: What are the risks and complications with mammoplasty surgery? 3 hours later
Thanks for the answering my query, is breast reduction advisable or not, some says all these complication which u have mentioned is for some times or life long i.e-Allergy, local infection ,pathological infection,anesthitcia disorder will it be life long or for some days after surgery .Beoz i dont find any remedies from doctor for my breast issues they say only breast reduction surgery. t has been enlarged dont know the reason behind it.Saggying like any thing not able to bear the weight of my breast . as i dont have hormonal imbalances also .I am getting my monthly menstrual cycles properly, all my hormonal are in normal range, no thryoid issues, prolactin in normal range,No cholestrol but though its increasing in size so doctor suggested to undergo breast reduction surgery - i dont have any cyst or lump found in my breast founded through ultra sound scan of my breast .kindly suggest or let me ur views in the Breast reduction surgery

Thank you for the query.

It s always advisable to choose what brings more benefits to someones health. If you find your breasts causing your health issues, surgery is advisable for you. All mentioned complications in most cases do not occur at all. And if they will occur, in most cases are only temporary.
So if your doctors suggest you to have this surgery, you should do as advised.