What are the risk of contracting HIV orally?

Excellent

HIV AIDS Specialist
Question
hi I tested negative by saliva test In 2011 since then I have received oral twice - I was the insertive one- no cum involved what are my risks of hiv thanks
Posted Sat, 21 Dec 2013 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: HIV risk is very low through oral sex. Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for posting your query. As per Center for Disease Control at Atlanta, oral sex carries a very low risk for HIV. That too, you involved only in an insertive oral sex. Saliva is not infectious. There is exposure to semen. So the HIV risk is negligible. Regarding your HIV rapid test on saliva during 2011 would have a high reliability if it had been done 3 months after your previous high risk contact. Good luck to you. Dr S.Murugan