What are the risk of STI and HPV from genital contact for few seconds?

What is the risk for a STI from genital contact touching for aprox. 5 seconds? Including hpv...How soon can I be tested?

Thank you
Posted Mon, 17 Dec 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 29 minutes later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.

With direct genital contact for only 5 seconds, and presumed no vaginal penetration, then the risk of transmission of an STI is extremely small. There is virtually no risk of gonorrhea, chlamydia, syphilis or HIV. HPV, which commonly causes gential warts, is an equally small risk, especially if your partner does not have a history of genital warts.

There are routine tests for all of the STI's that I mentioned except for HPV. HPV exposure leads to either genital warts or abnormal pap smears.

You can make an appointment with your OB/GYN and ask for full STI testing. Ask about HPV testing off of the pap smear.

I hope this helps. Please ask if you have additional questions.