What are the results of PRP injections to heal knee joints pain?
User rating for this question
what are the results of PRP injections to heal knee joints?
Posted Fri, 20 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Namala Bharadwaj 4 days later
Brief Answer: Short-term improvements in function, decrease pain Detailed Answer: Hello dear XXXXX Thanks for your query at XXXXXXX Significant improvement in pain, stiffness, function, and the Lequesne Index. Short-term improvements in function and a decrease in pain scores; however this effect did not appear to be sustained over a long period of time. The procedure appears to be safe, with the only adverse event reported being short-term pain following injection due to inflammation. Although there is some evidence that PRP injections provide some symptomatic relief, there is no evidence that PRP injections alters the natural progression of Osteoarthritis. Hope I answered your query. Any further information you can ask me in follow up query. Regards.
People also viewed
- Prp injections for knee
- Bio disc and weight loss
- Prp injections for knee osteoarthritis
- Hand injury wrist pain any suggestions
- Prp injection for knee cartilage
- Tongue biopsy of an heart patient
- Resurfacing psoriatic arthritis pain after implanon fixing is this common
- Skin biopsy check for hiv
- Pain in wrist swollen blue vein anything to worry about
- Heavy body pain muscle pain acidity problem depression reasons
- Had complete thyroidectomy thyroid levels elevated why leg cramps
- Prp injections for knee arthritis
- Prp injection for back pain
- Biopreg f during pregnency
- Binge drinking stool color