What are the red spots on my cheek?

I been having red spots that come and go inside my cheek and the inside of my cheek feels rough
Posted Sat, 1 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 52 minutes later
Brief Answer: If bumps have lasted for long, please see a doctor Detailed Answer: Hello sir and welcome. Thank you for writing to us. Although the most common cause for red spots inside the mouth, on the cheeks is trauma especially from biting the cheeks by mistake, a few of the other causes can be worrying which is why I am starting my reply by requesting you to visit a dentist at the earliest. Some of the most common causes for red spots on the cheeks are the following: -Lichen planus -Bacterial infections (eg. diphtheria, tonsilitis, etc.) -Oral polyp -Irritated nodule or fibroma -Canker sore (not cancerous, please do not get alarmed by the name) and a few other conditions. Most of these conditions should improve and the red spots should disappear within 2 weeks time, except of sores caused by Lichen planus which takes months to disappear. If your presentation has been there for quite sometime, I would sincerely request you to visit your doctor. I hope you find my response both helpful and informative. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications sir, I would be more than happy to help you. Best wishes.