What are the red fluid filled marks on my body?

A few days ago I found a raised red XXXXXXX on my right wrist- I wrote it off as a bug bite. That night, another similar red XXXXXXX appeared on my belly. Neither itched nor caused pain. The next day, I felt a sting on my left arm, I looked over and a half-circle band of 4 red marks appeared, this time there was fluid on the marks, but within minutes they scabbed up. The next day I felt something in my belly button, I look and there was a full circle of those red marks, with fluid, which soon scabbed over on the inside but still visible part of my belly button... There wasn't any pain associated with these rashes.. I went to two different doctors, neither had any idea what was going on, and both claimed the rash on my belly button is "weird." I have had a stressful week, I feel run down, but other than that and some nausea I feel fine... I've had shingles before...the marks look and scab over quickly like a shingles rash, but both doctors claim this is definitely not shingles. I am worried, any chance you could help?
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 6 hours later
Hi Samanthatralli,

Thank you for the query.

It would have been good if you take a picture and send to my attention at doctor@healthcaremagic. A picture is an aid to determine the possibilities.

With the doctors ruling out shingles the other possibilities left are
1) Irritant contact dermatitis- A topical potent steroid helps in this case. Your doctor can safely give it a try for a week. If it starts to itchy, topical antipruritics are needed. You can speak to the pharmacist if they are available over the counter.
2) Localised Strep infection- For which the bactrim is already started, it should

I hope you are strictly taking gluten free diet. A week of stress can trigger unexplainable skin rash like this. As and when you get normal most skin rash disappear on their own.

Your anxious because your doctors are unable to explain it. As I said most of such skin rash are harmless they disappear on their own in a week. If not consulting a specialist dermatologist is an option left with you.

Hope my answer is acceptable by your doctor and you.