What are the reasons for increased BP,pain in back arm and chest after colon removal?

I have always had near perfect blood pressure, until a recent surgery where I had 70% of my colon removed. My blood pressure is still ok when I am laying down, but when I stand up it increases and I sometimes have pain in the back of my arms, then it moves to my back and chest. This happens in the evening usually around 5pm and continues until around 9pm.I smoked prior to the surgery and quit for about two months and have recently started with E cigarettes. A nitro pill under the tongue will bring everything back acceptable levels. What could be the problem?
Posted Sun, 22 Dec 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Need more investigations Detailed Answer: Hi friend, Welcome to Health Care Magic See an Internist / get yourself examined / at times, investigations may be necessary... You need to be investigated for Coronary Artery Disease – TMT (Treadmill Exercise ECG) - preferably with thallium isotope - is the ideal non-invasive way to evaluate ischemia / to assess the PHYSIOLOGY (function). History of smoking and relief by nitroglycerin are highly suggestive, not confirmative MRI or CT of the spine may be useful to exclude involvement of the vertebrae – causing referred pain. The treating doctor alone can suggest further based on his assessment of the situation. Good luck Take care Wishing all well God bless