What are the reasons for having greenish semen?

ENT Specialist
I have slightly brown/green semen
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Puneet Maheshwari 2 hours later
Hi, thanks for the query.

Well, first of all, I would like to tell some important points about human semen. Semen is produced and originates from the seminal vesicle, which is located in the pelvis. The process that results in the discharge of semen is called ejaculation.

Semen is typically translucent with white, grey or even yellowish tint, even brownish or greenish colour is within normal limits.

You need not to worry about this; it is absolutely not a problem. Just take plenty of fresh fruits, and have enough fluids to maintain hydration.

Don’t worry for this condition. It is not a disease.

Hope this will help you out. And I am available for future follow-up.