Ask a Urologist   »  

What are the reasons for having blood in urine? No pain

I have had cherry red blood at the start of urinating. Not every time. just twice in the last two days What could be causing this There is no pain
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Andrew Rynne MD 1 hour later
Hi there.

Thank you for posting your question. I will do my best to help you.

This might be a surface tumor of the lining of your bladder - so called transitional cell carcinoma. It is not lethal but you do need an ultrasound and cystoscopy now.

It may also be coming from your prostate. Either way you need a diagnosis.

I hope that I have answered your questions fully and been of some help. If you have anymore questions please contact me again anytime.

Dr Andrew Rynne.