What are the reasons for fever,rashes, headache with sternum pain ?

For the past few days, I've had a fever, headaches, sternum pain (worse in the evening), nausea , and this morning I woke up with a rash on my legs and a mouth ulcer on my right cheek with the right side of my face swollen. My partner has the same symptoms at this time, even though I last saw him seven days ago. Obviously, we have shared more than good times when I visited him.

I'm 53, 178 lbs, and have had rheumatic fever as a child and thyroid cancer as an adult.
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 25 minutes later
Hi Sip,

Based on your symptoms, its appears that you have developed Infection.
Fever + Headaches + Rashes are typically suggestive of a Viral Syndrome.

Swelling of the right cheek is a concern.
You have an ulcer on the right cheek and this could be site of infection.
There could be dental infection or Salivary gland infection.

Since your partner has similar symptoms, it means that either of you had the infection when you last met. Its has spread likely through respiratory tract secretions.

Its advisable that you should visit a Physician at the earliest and get your self evaluated.

You can send the pictures of the skin rash and facial swelling for more specific advice.

You can mail me at YYYY@YYYY with Subject: Attn: Dr Kiran Kumar and please do confirm of mailing of the pictures by writing so as to reply you back at the earliest.

Awaiting your reply.

Thanks and Regards,

Dr Kiran.