What are the reasons for delayed periods?

I have had regular period s always .. My date is 24 or 25 . This time I have still not got .. I just wanted to know what are the possible reasons .. Is it because of cold weather or any other .. Please help
Posted Tue, 21 Jan 2014 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 11 hours later
Brief Answer: reasons are outlined below Detailed Answer: Hello Janvi, If you are sexually active, the most common cause for delay or absence of periods would be pregnancy. If you are not sexually active, then it could be stress, hormonal imbalance, thyroid dysfunction, and so on. I do not think it could be due to cold weather. Also, it is just not late for you. You are just on time for your periods. I would suggest that you wait for few more days until 31 December to get your periods normally. Let me know if you have any specific concerns. I would be happy to help. Wish you good health. Regards,