What are the problems caused due to over dosage of Pancreatin for pancreatitis?

Hello, I started taking a supplement called Pancreatin 4x. It has Amylase 50,000 USP, Protease 50,000 USP, and Lipase 4,000 USP in each capsule. I thought I was supposed to take it with each meal so I've taken 3 today, but I just read it says "take 1 capsule with food daily". So am I in any danger of too much pancreatin? I'm taking it for pancreatitus attacks I've been getting every day.
Posted Fri, 31 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 3 hours later
Brief Answer: No cause of concern for overdose of enzymes Detailed Answer: Hi there, Thanks for your query. NO. You will NOT have any problems due to overdose of Pancreatin. The formulation contains digestive enzymes which aid in digestion of ingested Carbohydrates (by Amylase enzyme), Proteins (by Protease enzyme) and Fats (by Lipase enzyme). Enzymes are made of Proteins. Excessive, unutilized enzymes will therefore be digested as any other Proteins. You are however, advised that one capsule of Pancreatin 4x is adequate for a day. So, just take the advised dose in future. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Fond regards and have a nice day, Col (Dr.) Rakesh Karanwal