What are the problems associated with grafted hair?

On Feb. 6 I received 1870 grafs -via hair transplants. I basically had no pain and all went well. On the following Tuesday--Feb. 11, since the grafs were in front with some of my regular hair covering, I combed my hair and used a bit of hair spray that had achohol in it. One consultant said that I shouldn't have any issues since it was 5 days after procedure and that the alchohol or mousse shouldn't harm the graffs in any case , but could have just made them itch which it didn't. What are your thoughts?
Posted Sun, 23 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 2 hours later
Brief Answer: If you didn't notice anything, it is fine. Detailed Answer: Hello Mr. XXXXXXX Thanks for posting your query. I understand your concern. I have studied your question carefully, and my opinion is. If you did not notice any issues after you applied mousse and combing, I don't think you will have any problem with the newly grafted hairs. Alcohol doesn't cause any damage to the skin or hairs, so consuming alcohol is fine. And, I agree with your specialist that after 5 days your grafted hair will be as good as the normal hair you have, so mousse shouldn't cause any major issues as such. I hope this answers your query, please feel free to ask me any query if you have any. Wishing you good health. Kind regards.
Follow-up: What are the problems associated with grafted hair? 4 minutes later
Thank you Doctor Just to confirm, the alchohol I was referring to was what would have been in the hair spray and I really didn't notice anything other than I know that alchohol would have a tendency to dry out skin and was wondering if that could affect the growing of the implants? Again, I waited until the 5th day after the implants. Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: Alcohol would improve growth. Detailed Answer: Hello again Mr. XXXXXXX Thanks you for clearing that up. In such a case, I would say alcohol would improve the implantation of the grafted hair and will result in better growth. I say this because, alcohol causes small blood vessels to open up a bit more, leading to better blood circulation to the skin and thus improves the hair growth. So do not worry about the alcohol content in the spray, it is fine. Hope this will clear your doubts. Warm regards.