What are the precautions to be taken when torch test during three months pregnancy is skipped?

hi doc, what do i do ,i am 18th week pregnant and my doctor missed doing torch test in first three months, and i have done torch now in 18th week of pregnancy and igg-levels are above the range given in test report in toxo-cmv and herpes and igm is at boderline in toxo-6.70 when normal is given 6. i am female-31+years of age. and all my test are normal till now and first ultrasound also wad done. now what i do with this report,i repeated twice this blood test in two weeks. here in india,delhi-rockland hopsital ,doctors say we can say anything as it wasnt done initially. so what should i do and what medicine and precautions during pregnancy and delivery and should i repeat test same or wait of second ultrasound after 25th week which will tell me fetal development. please write me in detail WHAT should i do,any medicine now,anything to be taken care at time of delivery? thankyou my pdf file cannot be pasted here,i need email id to send the report test. ref.range toxoplasma ig G @117 IU/ML <7.20 toxoplasma igm@6.70 AU/ML <6.00 rubella igG@ 9.20 IU/ML <10.00 rublella igm @10.00 AU/ML <20.00 CMV IgG @ 73.7U/ml <12.00 cmv igm @ 5.00 u/ml <18.00 hsv 1+2 igg 23.0 index <0.9 hsv 1+2 igm .05 index <0.9
Posted Sat, 11 Jan 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 47 minutes later
Brief Answer: only regular antenatal check up Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX, torch is a test that should be done in the first trimster. It indicates certain infections that affect fetal development. In your case, since the test wasnt done earlier, there is nothing to be done now. Your test indicates previous infection. ow we cant be sure whether this infection occurred before pregnancy or during the first trimester. Active infection during early pregnancy is most significant since this is when fetal development takes place. There is not much we can do about that now. Just continue your regular cneck ups. Do your congenital anomaly scan between 18-22weeks. Continue the medication given to you. Any anatomical malformation should show up in the scan.
Follow-up: What are the precautions to be taken when torch test during three months pregnancy is skipped? 56 minutes later
THANKYOU DOCTOR,I HAVE TAKEN UP DR.LAL PATH LAB report test ,before that i did a week before at focus imaging-where there was no IGm toxoplasm as per their reference range. And same advise has been given by my gynae as well. Anything to be careful or protective at the time of delivery or that will be decided after scan. do i have to do scan in 22nd week or 25th week. and when should i do tetanus 1 and 11. rest i am doing my regular antenatal check up and rest everything is fine with me. i am taking iron and calcium tablets normally given and am a biologist so i have much understanding about these tests and virus in is usually as per chance. maybe that is why as much as i read i get worried about this test. thankyou for the answer,hope everything will be fine with me. regards
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: continue same Detailed Answer: Just follow the same advice. Your tetanus shot should have been taken by now arou d 16weeks. Second shot after one month. If you havent taken it, do so. The scan should be between 20-22 weeks ideally. Next continue iron and calcium as before. The mode of delivery cannot be decided now. That will be decided closer to term. Just hope for the best and take care of yourself.
Follow-up: What are the precautions to be taken when torch test during three months pregnancy is skipped? 47 hours later
thank you doctor, i went to rockland hospital for my routine check up,the doctor advised same about the two reports that nothing can be inferred right now,she said you can repeat igM toxo after two weeks to check titer.I will be going to scan in coming week.thank you for advice,and it was really relieving for me while seeking your advice online.
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Happy to help Detailed Answer: Im very happy to help you XXXX. If you have any more queries later, do get in touch.