What are the precautions to be taken for abortion?

wife 25 age want to terminate pregnant of 2.5 months immediately... advice.Today she will take 4 tablets, yesterday she took 1. Now guide any precaution or safe things need to do? I am worried about her. I am ready to give any info required. i doubt whether the 4 tablet is oral?
Posted Wed, 19 Feb 2014 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Route does not matter. Detailed Answer: Hello Mr XXXXXXX Thanks for posting your query. The 4 tablets which she is supposed to take can be taken orally or can be kept in the vagina, but it is preferable to take them vaginally, as it will have immediate effect. I sincerely hope you have consulted a doctor before deciding to take these medicines. These abortion medicines work best before 8 weeks, beyond 8 weeks, you should always go for confirmation of complete abortion by examination by a gynecologist and if some parts are left behind, then that needs to removed by suction or curretage. You should watch out for excessive bleeding and severe pain in the lower abdomen, if they happen then you should take your wife to the hospital immediately. The bleeding can continue for 3 days, but if it does not reduce within one day, then please go to a good hospital, government hospitals will be fine. Even if the bleeding stops and even if you feel the fetus is expelled completely, you should still consult a gynecologist on 5th day to make sure everything is clear. Please do not go to any other doctors such as ayurvedic or homeopathic or any other doctors, consult only Gynecologists. I hope this answers your query, please feel free to write back if you need further clarifications. Wishing you both good health. Regards.
Follow-up: What are the precautions to be taken for abortion? 10 hours later
Dear Sir, Thanks for your reply.... I am became stress...she took the pill today n I am waiting when the medicine effect will start with her? 2.5 months pregnant whether we will success on this medicine? as you said medicine works good at 8 weeks. I am mentally disturb on this thinking. what should be the action plan now? I am praying that this should work. what other process there or what to do further.... what risk involve....any guidelines,safe and precaution please suggests.. -------------------------------------------------- If medical process then how much time required for the process and fees and days to stay in hospital and final relief? XXXXXXX Sir....i m worried n gone stress...
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 7 hours later
Brief Answer: It will take 4 to 6 hours for the medicine to act. Detailed Answer: Mr XXXXXXX Thanks for writing back. The tablet will take time to act, please be patient, it may take as long as 24 hours, but generally bleeding starts within 6 hours. If you don't see any bleeding even in the morning, another 2 tablets can be kept in the vagina to start the bleeding. As I said in my earlier response, it is highly risky to take these medicines without the supervision of a doctor, so please consult your gynecologist as soon as possible. Being stressed does not mean anything if you don't follow what we tell you. I have answered all your questions in my earlier response itself, please read that carefully. If the bleeding doesn't occur, then you should go to the hospital and consult a gynecologist. Please understand, you or any of your relatives or parents will not able to do anything, because you are not doctors, only doctors know what what to do and how to do, so please don't think that you can do something. That is why I said in my earlier response also to go to a gynecologist. There are no guidelines, the only guide line is, you should listen to what the doctor says and follow his/her instructions. I have already told about the risks and what can go wrong, taking these pills does not always result in a complete abortion, in which case again you need to go to the hospital and get the fetus removed by suction. Please read my earlier answer, that has all the answers. If the pregnancy is terminated at a hospital in good conditions, then your wife can get discharged from the hospital in 3 days. The cost depends on the type of hospital you go to, private hospitals will charge more, and government hospitals will charge very very less.. Final relief will be to go to a gynecologist and explain everything. I hope you understand your mistake. Please go and consult a gynecologist as soon as possible. All the best. Regards.