What are the possible treatment for cholangiocarcinoma?

Oncologist, Surgical
cholangiocarcinoma phaito protene 6.4 <10, 19.9 354,esr 28 what is the possibility of treatment or realy problam? bile drain outside ,now bilu rubin 4<(bilu rubin comes down 24 to below 5)i want send 2 time ct scan report if u alow me

Posted Mon, 20 May 2013 in Lymphoma
Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 1 hour later
Dear Sir,

Sorry to hear about your problem. As I can make out from your symptoms, you have had jaundice for the last 2 months and initially it was quite high (24) but after drainage, it has come down dramatically and you are feeling slightly better and are able to eat.
Sir the extent of tumor can only be known from the CT scan reports and it would be nice if you could share them so that I can tell you in detail about the possible treatment opportunities.
Cholangiocarcinoma is treatable if it is contained and has good cure rates, but if it has spread to other organs, then only palliative treatment cane be provided in form of chemotherapy and palliative surgery.
I would only be able to give you a definitive answer after seeing the CT reports.
Till then maintain a good, balanced diet and drink a lot of fluids.

Hoping for the best.
Follow-up: What are the possible treatment for cholangiocarcinoma? 5 hours later
I am sending latest report as per advice of health care mgic person ,she was tell me on mobile that send latest report of XXXXXX (patient).Mr XXXXXXX khandelwal your advice are on 6 month old report,latest report was send by mail on 30 april2013 through emai service@healthcare WWW.WWWW.WW I request you pls see the latest report and detail attached and give me valuable advice.Now days patient are admitted in city hospital delhi and second cycle kemo is goingon.Patient are very week and under metastic stage .fluid formation in stomach (5 liter fluid escape from stomach).pls see the all latest report and answer earliest as soon as possible.
Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 8 hours later
Dear Sir,

Thank you for sharing the reports with me. Some of the reports are not opening but I was able to review the CT report and it is clear that it is an advanced disease and surgery will not be possible as it is encasing some important structures and it cannot be removed completely.
I am very sorry to say that the only option left is palliative chemotherapy, which he is receiving. In addition to that I did not see any papers of the stent but from your previous report it is clear that he also has a stent, which is helping in the bile drainage.
In such a weak patient, it is not possible to do any major procedure as well.

Hoping for the best. Please feel free to clarify any other query.