What are the possible outcomes if epididymitis treatment is not taken?

General Surgeon
if one has epididymitis and does not take treatment for it what would be the outcome? would the infection eventually hurn out ? ? please kindly advise.
Posted Mon, 2 Dec 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Majority of cases it resolve on it's own Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. Majority of cases of Epididymorchitis are self limiting and resolve. Scrotal support, analgesic, ultrasound to look for viable testis is the usual treatment. Recurrent episode of Epididymorchitis requires further evaluation. I hope it helped Take care Regards Dr Deepak Kishore Consultant Surgeon
Follow-up: What are the possible outcomes if epididymitis treatment is not taken? 9 hours later
hi sir doctor, I developed acute epididymitis a few days ago in both testicles and I have not taken any antibiotics because they upset my stomach. so please can you kindly confirm this epididymitis will dissappear on its own without treatment? and also how long does it last? kindest regards and sincerely awaiting your reply.
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 27 minutes later
Brief Answer: resolves almost completely in a week time Detailed Answer: Dear XXXX If presently you have improvement in symptoms, like the pain has come down and there is reduction in size of swelling of testis, that means it is resolving. Normally I do not use antibiotics in treatment of Epididymorchitis, I only out them on analgesic and within 3 to 7 days they are totally fine. I also advise you that kindly consult a doctor for clinical assessment of any testicular pain or problem. It requires a good clinical examination. As you are having both testis affected it's likely to be due to Mumps orchitis and it usually resolves on it's own in a week time. Wishing you a healthy life. Take care Regards Dr Deepak Kishore