Ask a Urologist   »  

What are the possible causes for pink urine?

A 50 year old female relative has called with alarm in that she has found that her urine is quite pink and there is blood in her clothing. She has had a hysterectomy in her thirties and has had no prior problems with passing blood. (is this a free consultaion. This person is on welfare.
Posted Thu, 2 Jan 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: Need more info Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query In order to help you better I need more info to come to a better conclusion 1. Does it pain while passing urine? 2. Does she complain of back pain? 3. Has she been complaining of fever with chills in the past? 4. Has she suffered from a urinary tract infection in the past? 5. How many times now has she passed pink urine? Please get back to me, I am awaiting your reply regards