What are the possible causes for having tingling sensation in hands and legs during night?

Hello after certain types of work, eg painting, cleaning windows etc. and general cleaning. I am awake at night with sever tingling and aching in my right hand and arm esp. and the hand wants to curl up and feels swollen. Also it extends somewhat to my shoulder. the other hand is mildly affected. Also the symptoms are in my feet and legs but not as severe as my right hand. In the morning both the legs and arms feel really weak. However I often get a lot better as the day progresses. Just to get bad again in the night. It seems as though if I lead a more sedentary life I do not get as bad.
Posted Sun, 5 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that these symptoms mimic that of cervical spondylosis , the typical radiation of pain along the hand is suggestive too. An X Ray cervical spine should be done . Other thing can be carpal tunnel syndrome that can give rise to such features . I will advise you to see a neurologist for this . A nerve conduction velocity of your both arms will be helpful in making a diagnosis . Treatment will depend on the cause . I will advise you to see a doctor early so that treatment can be initiated . Take care. Dr. Shruti