What are the possible causes for genital warts?
User rating for this question
Hey how do you get genital wart I'm a male
Posted Mon, 2 Dec 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 14 minutes later
Brief Answer: GENITAL WARTS ARE SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DUE TO HPV Detailed Answer: Hello Randolph Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. Genital warts are caused by a virus called HPV ( human papilloma virus ) The warts are transmitted sexually - via vaginal sex or anal sex. This virus also can be transmitted without actual vaginal penetrative sex, by close skin to skin contact in the genital area. ( Humping, rubbing, fingering etc. ) You can acquire it from a person who actually has the warts visible, and also from somebody who is just carrying the virus, without actual outward manifestation of the warts. Since condoms do not cover all of the genital area that is exposed during intercourse, it is possible to acquire warts inspite of having protected sex. Also, genital warts can be perinatally transmitted by an infected woman who has warts to her baby during birth. I hope this answer helped you. Please do feel free to ask for further clarifications.
People also viewed
- Does genital warts cause lymphoma
- Dobby itch natural remedy
- Gonorrhea treatment ceftriaxone
- Sensorineural hearing loss ayurveda and homeo treatment
- What are the symptoms of genital warts?
- Is sabudana good for thyroid
- Microgestin marijuana
- Genital wart causes
- Proctocream hc directions
- What are the possible causes for genital warts
- Chlamydia treatment azithromycin
- Copious oral secretions
- Vaginal bleeding after heavy drinking
- What is the remedy for genital warts
- Zithromax suspension concentration