What are the possible causes for genital warts?
User rating for this question
Hey how do you get genital wart I'm a male
Posted Mon, 2 Dec 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 14 minutes later
Brief Answer: GENITAL WARTS ARE SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DUE TO HPV Detailed Answer: Hello Randolph Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. Genital warts are caused by a virus called HPV ( human papilloma virus ) The warts are transmitted sexually - via vaginal sex or anal sex. This virus also can be transmitted without actual vaginal penetrative sex, by close skin to skin contact in the genital area. ( Humping, rubbing, fingering etc. ) You can acquire it from a person who actually has the warts visible, and also from somebody who is just carrying the virus, without actual outward manifestation of the warts. Since condoms do not cover all of the genital area that is exposed during intercourse, it is possible to acquire warts inspite of having protected sex. Also, genital warts can be perinatally transmitted by an infected woman who has warts to her baby during birth. I hope this answer helped you. Please do feel free to ask for further clarifications.
People also viewed
- Does genital warts cause lymphoma
- Tibia pops out of socket
- Vein popped on shin is swollen
- Does saliva kill chlamydia
- White stuff smell out pores
- What are the symptoms of genital warts?
- Pore with smelly pus
- Genital wart causes
- Chlamydia lump under skin
- Chlamydia urine test marijuana
- What are the possible causes for genital warts
- Medication for chlamydia suis
- Will smoking weed stop chlamydia medication
- Solid things in poop
- What is the remedy for genital warts