What are the physical and psychological health alterations aggravating irritable bowel syndrome?

Which of the following physical and or psychological health alterations aggravate irritable bowel syndrome? Select ALL that apply. a.)Depression and or anxiety b.)Pruitis c.)Bloating d.Cramping lower abdominal pain e.) gastric emptying Please select ALL THAT APPLY WITH THIS ANSWER!! tHANKS i NEED TO KNOW ASAP!
Posted Sun, 29 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 15 days later
Brief Answer: Depression and anxiet worsens the symptoms of IBS. Detailed Answer: Hi, I read carefully your query and I would like to say that depression and anxiety aggravate the symptoms of IBS. With regards to bloating, cramping lower abdominal pain and rapid gastric emptying I would like to say that these are common symptoms of IBS. With regards to pruritis , there is no known relation with IBS, but If pruritis makes the patient nervous and anxious it may aggravate the symptoms of IBS. Wishing you health. If you have other query, please feel free and ask me. Dr.Klerida