What are the other tests to be taken for swelling in lymph nodes and facial swelling?

hello i am at my witts end.. i have had continued swelling in my lymph nodes in my neck along with facial swelling and fatigue.. i have had 2 biopsies one needle and one removal of lymph nodes.. all test are coming back negative have had the autoimmune tests as well all coming up with nothing my drs are stumped been going on since may... what other tests are out there that we can do i know something is wrong
Posted Thu, 9 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the following answer... Detailed Answer: Hi, Swollen lymph nodes in your neck with facial swelling and fatigued could be related to: - any bacterial infection of lymph-nodes - strep throat - problems with your teeth root (infection) - mononucleosis Before running to conclusions, I'd like to have more of your medical data including: - the results of the tests you did recently - if you are also having high fever - the results of biopsy - what drugs are your currently taking Looking forward to kindly have the requested medical data! Dr.Alba
Follow-up: What are the other tests to be taken for swelling in lymph nodes and facial swelling? 1 hour later
ok so all the tests came back as negative nothing found have been tested for all the tests you mentioned all negative.. biopsies came back negative negative for cancer bacteria fungus afb ..all the autoimmune tests like ana and there were many autoimmune tests run all the cocci tests also came back negative i have no fever... drugs metformin allergy meds as well montelukast, fexofenadine again have been tested for just about everything.. so no bacteria anywhere no infection anywhere also had hiv hep panel done rpr and quantiferon qtb tests done all negative so you see already had all the basic stuff done i am looking to see if there is anything else out there thats not the basic symptoms of swollen lymph nodes and was also tested for mono i have the antibodies but dont currently have mono .. agai this is been going on since may of this year
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 17 hours later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the following suggestions.... Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for sending in more of your medical data. I am glad to come to know that the biopsy is negative for any tumor or cancer. You are mentioning that the mono antibodies did resulted positive but you are not currently having mono. Usually, the titer of antibodies is needed to evaluate if you are really having mono. Such results should be carefully interpreted by the infective and ENT specialists. Furthermore, could you please indicate if you have performed the toxo tests? Toxoplasma infection is associated with swollen lymph nodes and fatigue (and/or fever). Thank you! Dr.Alba