What are the observation from the HIV report?

Excellent
Question
This was my test result: ! HIV 1/O/2 Abs-Index Value <1.00 <1.00 Index Value: Specimen reactivity relative to the negative cutoff. The "!" is concerning to me, as are the number values. What does this mean?
Posted Tue, 14 Jan 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: Negative for HIV antibodies Detailed Answer: Dear patient, Thanks for the query. Reading the report like that, it tells me that there were no detectable antibodies against HIV, which means a negative screening HIV test. If you could take a picture or scan the original report for confirmation that would be great! Suspect the ! is a typo Wish you the very best, Dr Brenes-Salazar MD Mayo Clinic MN

Follow-up: What are the observation from the HIV report? 4 minutes later
Thank you, Doctor. I just uploaded the full report for your review.

Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 3 minutes later
Brief Answer: Great news! Detailed Answer: Thanks for the report XXXXXXX Great news! No evidence of HIV, syphilis or Hepatitis B. Wish you the very best, Dr Brenes-Salazar MD Mayo Clinic MN

Follow-up: What are the observation from the HIV report? 9 minutes later
That is indeed, great news! Pesky little "!" made me worry! Thanks again! :)

Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 44 minutes later
Brief Answer: :) Detailed Answer: Yes, we read it as a marker of Attention!, but to a machine, attention can also mean when something is NOT detected Happy New Year, Dr B