What are the normal total estrogen level values for male?

What are the normal total estrogen level values for a 25 year old male? And are these attached test results remarkable? Do I have high estrogen?
Posted Sat, 3 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 3 hours later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.

First of all, can you tell me the following:
1. I only see the results of the estrogen levels - did you have testosterone levels drawn as well, and what are those results?
2. You are young to have heart disease - what is the cause of this?
3. What were the reasons for the lab draw in the first place - are you having any symptoms?

Thank you - let me know and I will try to help you!
Follow-up: What are the normal total estrogen level values for male? 1 hour later
I only had total estrogen levels checked. I did not have a testosterone work up.

I was diagnosed with Tacycardia induced cardiomyopathy with an initial EF of 40%. After medical and nutriciutical therapy the EF went up to 58% within 28 days as of last MRI.

I have been having no specific symptoms. The reason for the estrogen lab work was because I just had gynocomastia surgery . I had gynocomastia from puberty since I was around 17 years old. I was just trying to be certain it would not return due to some hormonal problem.

Thank you for your patience.

It was somewhat difficult to find the exact information that you requested. The best source that I could find for males divided estrogen levels by type of estrogen: estrone and estradiol.

Normal adult male values for each are:
estrone = 10-60 pg/ml
estradiol = 10-40 pg/ml

So my interpretation of your result is that a value of 83 is elevated. It would be relevant what your other hormone levels are, including testosterone levels. For this reason, I would recommend that you get an opinion with an Endocrinologist (assuming that you have not already).

If there is anything else that I can help you with, let me know!
Thank you for your interpretation Doctor. I inquired at the Lab and they told me there standard of reference is 40-115 pg/ml with anything under 40 being castrated male levels and anything over 115 considered high. I do think that different labs have different references and that might be why the discrepancy in values, but I am uncertain. The value of 83 pg/ml does seem a tad elevated. I will consult with an Endocrinologist and take any additional test he deems necessary.
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 1 minute later
Thank you for the followup clarification for your lab. I was not able to tell if the reference value was for males only. This is a good plan given your history.

Good luck and please ask if you have any followup questions!