What are the normal readings for ABI testing ?

Question
I had a abi testing done and the reading I got from my knees up was over 1 and the reading I got from my knees down to my toes was 0.88. my question is, is the 0.88 something to worry about? is it a sign I have PAD
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 5 hours later

The normal range for the reading in ABI test is 0.9 to 1.3. ).88 can be well considered in the normal range and with no XXXXXXX of PAD.

Need not worry,And do repeat the test after a few months to confirm the same.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.

Follow-up: What are the normal readings for ABI testing ? 20 minutes later
Um you didn't answer all my questions.. yesterday around 5:30 my eyes went blurry and I got really hot and sick to my stomach,it took every energy i had to come down stairs and laid on the couch. After i lay ed on the couch the hotness that i had in my face went down my body followed by sweating really bad. what could that be caused from.. yes i know i sound like a hypercondriac,however im really not... all my sudden health problems have been worrying me some!

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 59 minutes later
Hi again,

I apologize for not completely answering you as I did not get your second question.

The feeling of the hotness could probably be due to vasodilation ( dilatation of blood vessels ) which could be secondary to numerous causes like drugs , food allergies, exercise, anxiety , panic attack etc. I would ask you to visit your nearest doctor if you experience a similar episode again , where you may be examined to elicit the underlying cause for the same.

Hope I answered your query completely,

Wish you good health.