What are the normal parameters of weight and height?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
I will be seeing my doctor in 2 days. I am 77 year old female, 5" 3" and weigh 135 pounds.
What is normal for a person with my age, weight and height?

Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Weight & Lifestyle
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 2 hours later
Though your query is not very clear in itself, I assume you want to know the normal parameters for weight at your age and height.
Weight is related to height and body composition rather than age.
So according to your age and height target weight should be around 128 pounds with the range being minimum111 to maximum 148.
Your weight seems alright if you have no other health issues.
What is important is body composition. The reason for this is that muscle weighs more than fat. What counts more than your body weight is your percentage of body fat.
As a female, your percentage of body fat should be about 15 to 20% for good health.
Hope that answers your query.
I'll be available for any follow up queries.