What are the negative side effects of Methylprednisolone taken along with methyiprednisolone and Lopressor?

Hi I am interested in the negative side effects Methylprednisolone has with other meds I am taking. The other meds i am taking with methyiprednisolone(4mg) are, olanzapine(10mg), Lopressor(50mg),hydrocododone-apap lorcet(10/650),irbesartan-hcte bination (150-12.. 5mg),ampicillin tr 500mg, xanax(1mg), and celexa(40mg). I feel fine with these combinations. The only negative effects i can attest to are lack of layette, my blood pressure is 194 over 97. Thank you in advance for your comments. Sincerely, Herb Weber
Posted Fri, 7 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Gaurav Katiyar 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Monitor Potassium Level. Detailed Answer: Hi, I have gone through your query. Your are interested only in negative side effect of Methylprednisolone with other medicines you have mentioned. There are two: Methylprednisolone decreases effect of Xanax(alprazolam) but not much significant. Methylprednisolone with Hydrochlorothiazide( present in Irbesartan HTCZ combination) can increase risk of Hypokalemia (low Potassium). Monitoring of potassium level may be required. Hypokalemia may cause increase Blood Pressure, Muscle cramps, Myalgia, Muscle weakness. Methylprednisolone has it own side effects which i assume you are aware with. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.