What are the medicines to start after having liver transplant due to alcoholic liver?

Apr 2014

PLEASE GIVE MY QUESTION TO GASTROENTEROLOGIST & LIVER Sir,My liver transplant was held on 23.04.2011.due to alcohalic liver.In month Nov.i attend four marriages & also take alcohal.Should i need to take some medicine now & can i take 1-2 peg of whisky after few months.Please give me your suggestion.I want to start medicine augmentin Duo 1mg for five days. Is it right or not.
Posted Thu, 2 Jan 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: At present you don't need any medicines. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX XXXXX Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX You don't need any medicines at present. Firstly,complete liver function test should be done.If there is any alteration then only you need medicines.Drugs should be taken only after consultation with Gastroenterologist. I don't think small amount of alcohol already consumed by you will cause any bad effects immediately.But you should try to avoid it completely.It is not good for you in any way. Excessive amount of alcohol can cause recurrence of disease or cancer. It is better to avoid alcohol completely. Tablet augmentin is not indicated in you at present.It is an antibiotic and it will not help you. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX