What are the long term side effects of high dose of oxycarbozepine?

Nov 2013

Is there will be any issue in the future because of high dosage (oxycarbozepine). Kindly advise.
Posted Sun, 18 Aug 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 hour later
Thank you for posting your query.

The usual dose of OXETOL (oxcarbazepine) is 10-20 mg per kg body weight of the child. The maximum dose can be upto 60 mg/kg body weight (maximum upto 600 mg per day).

The highest dose in this child can be upto 600 mg per day in two divided doses. Now, he is on 225 mg twice daily, which is well within the prescribed limits. So, I do not foresee any problems in the future.

I hope it helps.
Please get back if you require any additional information.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,
My personal URL on this website:
My email: YYYY@YYYY
My blog: