What are the long term effects of Simethicone?

Is there any dangers in taking Simethicone for a long period of time? I have IBS and struggle to keep constipation at bay. I am doing fairly well but intestinal gas has been trouble so added this and seems to be helping. I usually only take 80 mg at meals and bedtime sometimes 160 mg.
Posted Thu, 23 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 35 minutes later
Brief Answer: No long term effects known Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query Simethicone is not absorbed by the body. It combines with the gas if present and reduces the bloating. Excess of it is excreted. Continue taking it for symptomatic relief as prescribed by the doctor I hope I was of help to you I wish you good health Regards