What are the long term effects of Montek LC?

Doctor as my son (9 and half year old) gets frequent allergic cold, doctor advised him to give Montek LC Kid 4mg, two tablets until winter gets over. We started medication in last week of October. It works fine for him as he did not get any allergic cold after that except once mild throat infection which went off with sinarest 1/2 tablet for 3 days, 3 times daily. I just want to confirm that Montek doesn't have any long term side effects. Thanks
Posted Thu, 6 Feb 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 35 minutes later
Brief Answer: relax. Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for writing to us. I understand your concern. Relax,montileukast is used for seasonal allergies and is a safe medicine. You can give 5mg tab once a day at bedtime wuth food. It can be safely given for few months at a stretch particularly winter months. Minor side effects are headace,abdominal discomfort and is aeen in few cases. Be in regular follow up with your pediatrician. Hope I have answered your query,let me know if you need any further assiatance,I would be glad to help. Wishing your child good health. God bless..